Skip to main content

In which Mr. Bones learns what earthbound Goddesses do in their spare time.

Greetings and salutations! This week in tales from Mr. Bones anime pile I finally have a chance to watch something that doesn't make my mind implode. I am happy to say I am here to breakdown why Adventures of the Mini-Goddesses was a surprise hit. What I expected was honestly not the product I watched. There is something truly amazing about the comedic genius that is making a comedy based off a slice of life romance. This spin-off seeks to answer what a bunch of beautiful goddesses do in their spare time while the main character is away at school. They shrink down to the size of mice and hangout with a rat named Gan.

Now Gan is the punching bag and straight man in the series. Perhaps not as straight as Belldandy, but lets be honest, nobody is as much of a straight woman as Belldandy. There are all kinds of misadventures through the Morisato household, including attacking big bad kaiju about the size of a 5 year old. Looking for treasure in the attic, and drinking tea. Seriously, this show has no plot other than random shenanigans from a bunch of women wielding god-like powers on a miniature scale!

The Goddess Urd and Skuld don't seem to have any responsibilities on earth other than being thorns in the side of Keichi Morisato and Belldandy. Belldandy is a lesser main character because she actually has things she needs to do like prepare meals. However I was sad that Belldandy doesn't play a major role in the show as she is one of my favorite characters in the series. This is not to say that her sisters lack likable qualities as well. I was also depressed by the lack of Keichi. Seriously the guy is a dope but he is fun to have around for them to play off of.

The show is basically about being both adorable and funny. It is extremely lighthearted in tone and it shows in all the characters getting along with no quips or fights that dominate the goddess sisters in the main series. I genuinely enjoyed this, when i first purchased this series, I would often fall asleep to it. This is proof that the show has a calming nature on my constant furious, curse spewing nature. When I first laid eyes on the box-art I had good feelings about what I was about to watch.

The show was originally released as four separate volumes, but sometime later a cheap plastic box-set was marketed containing the single volumes. This is the set that I ended up buying. The box-art is cute but generic. The voice acting is acceptable and worth listening to. I felt that all the characters came off like I expected them to although it was a bit jarring after the TV series. The opening and ending are cute and what is expected of the Ah My Goddess side story. The show is not particularly noteworthy other than being a set of many fun side-stories that give a glimpse into The goddess sisters daily lives.



 I believe anyone that loves silly shenanigans should Give this series a shot. I feel that while it lacks any real substance it is worth a try as what it does posses is heartwarming comedy to warm the cockles of your heart and cause the occasional fit of laughter. The show is fairly rare to find but if you can locate a copy for a reasonable price I suggest giving it a shot. I know I never regretted it!

So another week passes in paradise and we find ourselves at the end of another title in Bone's Anime Pile. I hope you will join me for my next review when I consider what it means to embody wisdom and justice in Patlabor TV!

This is Mr. Bones wishing you all the best, and if I don't see you, good morning, good afternoon, good evening, and good night...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHFJTP Minecraft Adventures – The Abyss

Feel free to email us BenoitProductions@gmail.com Follow us on Twitter Kiki: @Kikimaru

WE'VE MOVED!

benoitproductions.wordpress.com

SHFJTP Podcast 120 – Le sigh

Feel free to email us BenoitProductions@gmail.com Follow us on Twitter Kiki: @Kikimaru Cupcake: @MikesSoulNeo Intro/Outro: Little Lily Swing by Tri-Tachyon